Information...

Need to view the compositions?
Click on the name of that person's compo.
Go to this link to post: www.blogger.com

Form Teacher

-Mr Thomas

Co-form teacher

-Mr Ong (王老师)

Maths
-Mrs Cheng

Science
-Mrs Kao
Customised Timetables:


https://acrobat.com/#d=jQYF7oIDW0YLScUg-4FgdQ
(without remedial schedule)


https://acrobat.com/#d=-Hjy6g5P2BlvL50zG2oLeA
(with remedial schedule)

Class Calender for Term 4:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0AqmBIkmuXhjBdDk2Y2dwdUhDR25SZnpoeUcxWTdKSkE&hl=en&output=html

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Compo by Aaron Loh

"Oh no! I'm late for tuition again!" I exclaimed as I took a quick glance at the alarm clock. Golden fingers of sunlight lit up the morning scene. I quickly put on some clothes and took a small bite out of a tuna sandwich that was lying on the table. I fumbled for the house keys before rushing out of the door.
The tuition center was located at Thompson Plaza, a crowded shopping mall that was just a stone's throw away from my house. I hastened my pace, walking to the zebra crossing that led to the mall. The traffic light flashed a "red man". I decided I could not wait any longer, ignoring the overhead bridge next to me. I took quick glances as I sped across the road, assuming that it was safe to pass. Unaware of a car that was speeding in my direction at a tremendous speed. I tried to dart out of the way but it was too late. The strong impact flung me high in the air and I landed with a sickening thud. The car screeched to a halt and the sound of the screaming brakes made me jump out of my skin. Beads of perspiration flowed down my cheeks.
Just then, I felt a warm trickle of blood down my face. Blood was oozing out of a gash from my forehead. I tried to stem the flow of blood by pressing my head over the gaping wound. A bright red liquid was forming a pool next to my head. The driver of the car immediately rushed out of the car and called the ambulance. due to the excruciating pain, I fainted clean away...
"Beep...Beep" the sound of the electrocardiograph ringing eased through my head. The smell of dettol assailed me. I found myself in a bed with a clean and bright room with a television mounted on the wall. The clinic was packed with patients flipping through magazines, watching television or taking a short nap. A nurse walked briskly into the ward. She greeted me perfunctorily and set about checking my temperature and dressing the wound on my forehead. Just then, my mother burst into the room and embraced me with a cries of relief. "Are you alright?" asked Mother, still trying to stifle sobs of relief as I nodded my head, my face drenched in tears.
This incident will be etched into my memory. I vowed to be more careful on the road and heeded my mother's advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

5Kindness

5KINDNESS 2010 PLAYLIST